There are 2 blog entries for March 2012.
Tuesday, March 27th, 2012 at 12:45pm. 1026 Views, 3 Comments.
Finally, a mortgage refinance program is available for home owners who are current on their mortgage but owe more than their house is worth. And the best part is NO APPRAISAL IS REQUIRED!!!
HARP 2.0 (Home Affordable Refinance Program) allows home owners with a mortgage owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac to refinance underwater mortgages. Here are a few of the highlights:
- No LTV (Loan to Value) cap on fixed rate mortgages
- No appraisal required if an automated value can be determined
- Payback time period has been reduced
- The program is available now
Even if you pay your mortgage to a bank or specific lender, it is likely still owned by Fannie or Freddie. Here are a few links to determine who owns your mortgage and also answers…
Tuesday, March 6th, 2012 at 4:35pm. 511 Views, 0 Comments.
I probably don't need to remind most of you that it's tax time again, but what you might not know is that there are some serious money saving advantages to owning a home, purchasing a new home or refinancing your mortgage.
You will need to consult your CPA or other tax professional for the specifics of your situation but here are a few of the items you can commonly deduct on your tax filing:
- Real Estate Taxes
- Mortgage Interest - including a vacation home or second residence
- PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance Premiums) - some income limits apply
- Points Paid at Purchase or Refinance - always save your HUD (closing statement) for correct documentation
Here is a helpful link from the IRS about Real Estate FAQ's. Also be sure to file…